Who are these qualifications for?
The Certificate and Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring are ideal qualifications for managers with significant responsibility for coaching and mentoring as part of their day-to-day role. They are also designed to develop learners planning to move into a development role or start a career as a freelance coach and mentor.
Benefits for individuals
- Get a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor
- Deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation
- Be able to assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor
- Provide evidence of your own development as a coach and mentor through the qualification
- Plan your further development
- Plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches or mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Develop a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation, so that managers are able to provide effective support for the development of others and improve their performance.
- There are three mandatory units in each qualification.
The first unit, ‘Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring’ aims to enable learners to understand the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring, and building a business case.
The second unit, ‘Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor’ aims to give learners the ability to critically review their own personal qualities, skills and competence.
For the Certificate, the third unit requires learners to demonstrate their ability to plan, deliver and review at least 12 hours of coaching and mentoring in the workplace. For the Diploma, the final unit is an extended 100 hours of coaching and mentoring, with multiple clients, and there is an added focus on using supervision and reflective review to develop individual practice.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other new qualifications such as:
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
- ILM Level 7 Certificate or Diploma in Executive Coaching and Mentoring.
[table id=1 /]
Rules of combination:
- Certificate: Three mandatory units (total credit value of 13)
- Diploma: Three mandatory units (total credit value of 37)
Overview of units
[table id=2 /]
For further information please complete the contact submission form or call 021 4885203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com